The AQY 1 is designed to be used as a single device or deployed in a network of monitors in an urban environment. Small, cost effective, and user friendly it can be used by air quality professionals and those who are new to the science of air quality measurement (like schools and community organizations).
- Particulate matter (PM2.5)
- Ozone (O3)
- Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
- Relative Humidity
- Dew point
We focus on particulate matter, ozone and nitrogen dioxide because they are the three main pollutants in most cities, and the pollutants known to have the greatest impact on the people who live in them. They are also the three parameters we measure most accurately with currently available sensor technology.
Outwardly simple, the AQY 1 monitor has a number of key technical advantages:
- Active fan-sampling (better than simple diffusion)
- Aeroqual’s best in class GSS ozone sensor
- Interference-free NO2 measurement
- Auto correction of humidity effects on PM2.5 measurement
- Anti-static inlet to avoid loss of particulate during sampling
- Ability to be calibrated remotely
Data correction and optimization is done on the monitor, not in the cloud. We believe this ensures the integrity of the data and helps to maintain confidence in the measurement.
Air monitoring software and communication
The AQY 1 comes with the same air monitoring software package as our professional-grade AQM and AQS products. The software is browser-based and allows users to view multiple monitors on a map, average data, plot charts with multiple monitors and parameters, and manage them remotely – e.g. trouble-shooting, changing settings, updating firmware. For more information on the air monitoring software visit this page.
The AQY 1 communicates wirelessly via WIFI or 3/3.5/4G cellular. The AQY 1 has on board storage to ensure no data ever gets lost. In addition, data can be downloaded directly from the monitor if required, which is handy in case you lost your internet connection for example. Advanced users may prefer to access their data through our API, so they can view and analyze data in their preferred software package. All options are available with the AQY monitoring system.
Installation and maintenance
The AQY 1 air monitor mounts to walls, poles or railings using a supplied mounting bracket or simply with cable ties. Weighing approx. 1kg, the AQY 1 is intended to operate in a fixed location yet it can be moved from place to place with relative ease.
Power is mains-supplied via a 12VDC outdoor-friendly plug pack. Solar and battery power is possible, though not currently available as a factory-standard option.
Once installed the AQY is designed to be trouble-free. In moderately polluted conditions the AQY 1 will not require maintenance for more than 12 months. Using Aeroqual’s software tools, the sensors can be remotely calibrated to extend their useful operating life. When sensors do expire, replacement is simple and can be carried out by an authorized service center or by those who are confident to do so themselves.
Throughout the first two years of ownership you will be covered by Aeroqual Care which gives you added benefits like:
- Cloud Plus software license for data management, diagnostics and reporting
- Open API for access to data
- Remote technical support and instrument health monitoring
- Unlimited data backup and storage
- Preferential pricing on replacement parts and sensors
- Free automatic upgrade to the latest version of Connect and Cloud software
Get in touch
To discover how the AQY can change the way you understand the air, contact one of our experts to discuss your requirements.
- PM2.5 optical particle sensor (0 to 1000 μg/m3) with RH correction
- Ozone (0-0.2 ppm O3) GSS gas sensor with integrated zero cycle
- Nitrogen Dioxide (0-0.5 ppm NO2) gas sensor with O3 interference correction
- External temperature and humidity sensor, with calculated dew point
- IP33 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shield armor
- 12VDC plug pack: 24W, 5m cable
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Communications: WIFI, Cellular 3/3.5/4G modem (SIM and data plan excluded)
- Single board computer, 1.2GHz quad-core, 1GB SDRAM, 16GB SDHC storage
- Aeroqual Connect instrument operating software
- Documentation: user guide, factory test report
- Two years Aeroqual Care
- Manufacturer’s standard 12 month warranty
If you have a question about this product, it may be covered in the FAQs section.
These cover the most common questions you may have when deciding if this is the right product solution for your air monitoring requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch and our team will respond within 48 hours.