The AQS 1 Construction Air Quality Monitor is specifically configured to measure key pollutants found at construction sites simultaneously: multiple particle fractions (TSP, PM10 and PM2.5) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
TSP and PM10 emissions including silica dust are generated from bulk material operations, such as earthworks, demolition, crushing and grinding operations, and from soil and aggregate stockpiling. Fine particles such as PM2.5 are emitted in the exhaust from diesel-powered construction equipment.
Construction and demolition sites also generate NO2 and NOx emissions from industrial trucks, excavators, loaders, bulldozers, mobile cranes, off-road machinery and static engines such as pumps and electricity generators.
Site environmental managers, consultants and hygienists use the AQS 1 Construction Air Quality Monitor for compliance monitoring, to conduct environmental impact assessments, to meet requirements of Construction Environmental Management Plans and to ensure sensitive receptors, such as workers and the surrounding community, are not at risk from air pollution.
The AQS 1 system can deliver your total monitoring requirements including Noise, Vibration, Dust (NVD), plus gases and weather. Vibration sensors, noise monitors and wind sensors are easily integrated with the AQS 1, along with our remote data acquisition, for a complete measurement package for construction and demolition projects.
The AQS 1 can be configured to measure particulate matter (TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1) and up to three gases (O3, NO2, VOCs) simultaneously. For specific applications, see our other pre-configured AQS 1 monitors: AQS 1 Remediation, AQS 1 Urban, AQS 1 Smog.
The AQS 1 combines a robust nephelometer, sharp cut cyclone, and Aeroqual’s industry leading GSS ozone sensor technology. It uses a patented method to correct for ozone interference on the electrochemical NO2, a well known issue with all electrochemical NO2 sensors. In so doing, the monitor performs to Near Reference levels, producing data of superior quality to other sensor-based instruments.
The AQS 1 is a fully integrated monitor. Housed in a rugged, lockable weatherproof enclosure, it includes an embedded PC and full software system for remote technical support, data management and analytics.
The AQS 1 is supported by a global distribution network, meaning you’re never too far from a skilled technician ready to provide assistance and spare parts. In addition Aeroqual’s online training system is free to all our customers, meaning you can become an expert on your AQS system before it even arrives.
Once the instrument operating system is installed, Aeroqual Connect lets you access data, assess performance and diagnose faults remotely (if you choose to give us access, we can help with that too). Aeroqual Cloud offers even greater levels of convenience with enhanced browsing speeds, multiple user management, fail-safe backup, email and SMS alerts and access to your data even when your instrument is offline.
In future we will add new gas modules to the AQS 1 – to register your interest please tell us about your application.
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- Gas Inlet: Teflon, glass-coated stainless steel tubing, stainless steel fittings
- Gas Sampling System (brushless DC pump, sampling system)
- Nitrogen dioxide GSE gas module with integrated zero cycle
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer or Optical Particulate Profiler
- Particle fractions available: TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1
- Heated sampling inlet
- Particle Sampling System (brushless DC pump sampling module)
- Power and data interface for designated third party sensors and embedded PC
- Integrated power switch; Main, Off, Battery
- 100-260 Vac power supply
- Communications: WIFI, Ethernet (LAN) Optional modem: Cellular IP 3G HSPA or 4G LTE for USA only
- Embedded fanless PC (Intel Celeron® N3350, 1.1GHz, dual core, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive), Ubuntu Linux Operating System
- Aeroqual Connect instrument operating system
- Aeroqual Cloud instrument monitoring, management and technical support via secure cloud servers, accessed via web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Cloud standard features; configuration, calibration, diagnostics, remote technical support
- Cloud optional features; text (SMS) and email alerts, 3rd party sensor measurements, full data visualisation with charts, wind and pollution roses, data reporting with auto data export via FTP and API, full instrument event journal capture
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Side mounted carry handle
- Documentation: Hard copy: Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick: User Guide, Calibration Certificate
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system
If you have a question about this product, it may be covered in the FAQs section.
These cover the most common questions you may have when deciding if this is the right product solution for your air monitoring requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch and our team will respond within 48 hours.
Construction Blog Series
It is well known that construction sites can generate and emit many different forms of pollution, the most obvious being material waste, visible dust, noise and vibration. However construction and demolition sites also produce less obvious pollutants which are of serious concern for human health and impact on the environment.