Here you will find the Pre-Purchase Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Aeroqual’s Dust Sentry monitors.
1. Do you offer rental equipment?
No. However, some of our distributors offer rental packages. If you’d like us to put you in touch with a local distributor who offers rental equipment, please contact us.
2. Can the Dust Sentry measure BTEX Gases?
CAN THE DUST SENTRY MEASURE BTEX?
No. The Dust Sentry only measures dust and particulate matter.
For BTEX see our Real-Time BTEX / Benzene Monitor.
3. Can the Dust Sentry measure gases?
No. However, the AQS Air Quality Station is configured to measure gases and particulate matter at the same time.
4. Can it operate in extreme climate/weather conditions?
No. However, the enclosure is a lockable IP65 glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) cabinet with integrated aluminium solar shield armour.
5. What is the environmental operating range for the Dust Sentry?
The Dust Sentry is designed to operate in environments from -10°C to +50°C (14 °F to 122 °F)
The Dust Sentry Pro is designed to operate in environments from -10 °C to +45 °C (14 °F to 113 °F)
6. Is the data gathered in real time?
Yes, measurements are logged and reported in real time.
7. What maintenance does the Dust Sentry require?
The Dust Sentry requires relatively low service and maintenance. Average service checks and filter replacements are recommended every three months. Factory calibration of the optical module is recommended annually. The optical module is easily removed and can be shipped to Aeroqual by small parcel courier service. The turnaround is approximately four weeks. For large networks which are required to operate 24/7 all year round we suggest maintaining one or more spare optical modules for exchange in instruments as service is required. Pumps are long-life high quality BLDC diaphragm type by KNF with lifetime 1-3 years. Pumps are easily replaced by the end user.
Here’s what we recommend for maintenance of your Dust Sentry. View full details in the Dust Sentry User Guide.
8. Does the Dust Sentry have a datalogger?
Yes. It has 32GB Hard Drive (>5 years data storage).
9. What is the file type when you send out your data from the equipment?
File types can be CSV or FTP.
See the Aeroqual Cloud / Connect Infographic to see further details of how it works.
10. Is it compliant with U.S. EPA standard?
Aeroqual Dust Monitors are not U.S. EPA approved instruments but it is a near reference particle monitor for specific dust fractions.
11. Can the Dust Sentry be connected in the ethernet, so we can remotely access it?
Yes. You have three options to connect to the device:
- Standard: WIFI
- Ethernet (LAN)
Optional: Cellular IP HSPA 4G modem.
12. Can you integrate a third-party weather station in the Dust Sentry?
Yes, a power and data interface for designated third party sensors is included.
Here is a list of the environmental sensors that integrate with the Dust Sentry system:
- Gill WindSonic (ultrasonic wind sensor)
- Vaisala WXT536 (weather transmitter)
- Met One MSO (weather transmitter)
- Cirrus MK427 Class 1 (noise sensor)
- Novalynx Pyranometer (solar radiation)
For more details click on the Accessories tab on the Dust Sentry product page.
13. How do I install the Dust Sentry? What do I need to have for installation?
The instrument is packaged in a robust, lockable enclosure and is light enough for one-person site installations.
See the Dust Sentry User Guide on for full details on how to install the unit.
14. Is the sensor calibrated when we receive it? How do I calibrate the sensor?
Yes, it is already factory calibrated. All Aeroqual PM engines need to be returned to the Met One Instruments factory in the U.S for service and calibration at the following recommended intervals:
- Dust Sentry Particle Monitor: 24 Months
- Dust Sentry Pro Particle Profiler: 12 Months
Aeroqual can arrange for this service. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
15. Can it run through solar or battery?
Yes. To read more, see this technical note on How to remote/solar power the Dust Monitor.
16. Does it have self-diagnostic and self-correct function?
No. However, it has alerts to notify you that there is an error that needs attention. Those alerts can be set by the end user.
17. Does the Dust Sentry have a weatherproof enclosure?
Yes, the enclosure is a lockable IP65 glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) cabinet with integrated aluminium solar shield armour.
18. What is the dimension and weight of a Dust Sentry?
483 H x 330 W x 187 D mm (19 H x 13 W x 7.4 D inches) includes solar shield armour and mounting brackets and it weighs <13 kg (28.6 lbs).
19. Does the Dust Sentry have any certifications?
20. What are the available outputs?
- 2 x Relay (optional)
- 4 x 4-20 mA (optional)