The AQS 1 Remediation Air Quality Monitor is a professional ambient air monitor specifically configured to measure key pollutants found at remediation sites simultaneously: multiple particle fractions (TSP, PM10 and PM2.5), volatile organic compounds (VOC), and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
TSP and PM10 emissions, including dust, are generated from demolition, excavation, soil aerating, recycling and from bulk material stockpiling and transfer. Fine particles such as PM2.5 are emitted in the exhaust from diesel-powered machinery and equipment.
VOCs are often released from contaminated soil during excavation, in-situ aerating, stockpiling and during haulage to regulated landfills.
On-site remediation and landfills also generate NO2 and NOx emissions from industrial trucks, excavators, loaders, bulldozers, off-road machinery such as pumps and generators.
The AQS 1 Remediation Air Quality Monitor is for:
HSE managers, environmental consultants and industrial hygienists use the AQS 1 Remediation Air Quality Monitor for compliance monitoring, to meet requirements of Remediation Management Plans, to conduct environmental impact assessments and to ensure sensitive receptors such as workers and the community are not at risk from air pollution.
What can it measure?
The AQS 1 can be integrated with noise monitors, weather stations, and vibration sensors, plus our remote data acquisition system, for the complete air quality package for site remediation projects.
The AQS 1 can be configured to measure particulate matter (TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1) and up to three gases (O3, NO2, VOCs) simultaneously. For specific applications, see our other pre-configured AQS 1 monitors: AQS 1 Construction, AQS 1 Urban, AQS 1 Smog.
The AQS 1 combines a robust nephelometer, sharp cut cyclone, and Aeroqual’s industry leading GSS ozone sensor technology. It uses a patented method to correct for ozone interference on the electrochemical NO2, a well known issue with all electrochemical NO2 sensors. In so doing, the monitor performs to Near Reference levels, producing data of superior quality to other sensor-based instruments.
The AQS 1 is a fully integrated monitor. Housed in a rugged, lockable weatherproof enclosure, it includes an embedded PC and full software system for remote technical support, data management and analytics.
The AQS 1 is supported by a global distribution network, meaning you’re never too far from a skilled technician ready to provide assistance and spare parts. In addition Aeroqual’s online training system is free to all our customers, meaning you can become an expert on your AQS system before it even arrives.
Air quality monitoring software
Once the instrument is installed, Aeroqual Cloud lets you access data, assess performance and diagnose faults remotely (if you choose to give us access, we can help with that too). Aeroqual Cloud also offers greater levels of convenience with enhanced browsing speeds, multiple user management, fail-safe backup, email and SMS alerts and access to your data even when your instrument is offline.
Keep calibration up to date without the downtime. Maintaining an up-to-date calibration certificate gives you and project stakeholders confidence in the data from the air monitoring instruments. Our Hot-swap Service makes the process of factory calibration easy. We send you a freshly calibrated module from our stock. You replace the old module with the new one and send the old one back to us. And that’s it – calibration all up to date and zero downtime.
Read full details on the Aeroqual Hot-swap Service page.
New gas modules
In future we will add new gas modules to the AQS 1 – to register your interest please tell us about your application.
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- Gas Inlet: Teflon, glass-coated stainless steel tubing, stainless steel fittings
- Gas Sampling System (brushless DC pump, sampling system)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) PID gas module with integrated zero cycle
- Optional nitrogen dioxide (NO2) GSE gas module with integrated zero cycle
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer or Optical Particulate Profiler
- Particle fractions available: TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1
- Heated sampling inlet
- Particle Sampling System (brushless DC pump sampling module)
- Power and data interface for designated third party sensors and embedded PC
- Integrated power switch; Main, Off, Battery
- 100-260 Vac power supply
- Communications: WIFI, Ethernet (LAN) Optional modem: Cellular IP 3G HSPA or 4G LTE for USA only
- Embedded fanless PC (Intel Celeron® N3350, 1.1GHz, dual core, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive), Ubuntu Linux Operating System
- Aeroqual Cloud instrument monitoring, management and technical support via secure cloud servers, accessed via web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Aeroqual Cloud Support features; configuration, calibration, diagnostics, remote technical support, real-time data in tables, data journal entries
- Aeroqual Cloud Plus features; SMS and email alerts, third-party sensor measurements, full data visualisation with charts, wind and pollution roses, data reporting with auto data export and full API access, instrument network management
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Side mounted carry handle
- Documentation: Hard copy: Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick: User Guide, Calibration Certificate
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system
If you have a question about this product, it may be covered in the FAQs section.
These cover the most common questions you may have when deciding if this is the right product solution for your air monitoring requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch and our team will respond within 48 hours.
Environmental site remediation deals with the removal of pollution or contaminants from soil, groundwater, sediment, or surface water. It includes systematic steps involving detection, investigation and hazard assessments of suspected contaminated sites.