The Dust Sentry Pro – Dust and Particle Counter is for:
Industrial operators who need a cost-effective and robust solution to manage and control dust and particulates from site activities within regulatory or permitted limits:
- Construction and remediation
- Quarry and mine operators
- Port and bulk handling terminals
- Waste management sites.
Environmental consultants who need to measure multi-channel PM size fractions.
Regulatory authorities who require deployable, quick set up incident monitoring.
EHS managers who need to demonstrate that they are providing a safe environment for the people in their care.
Researchers who are on a limited budget and want to collect accurate, scientifically robust data for aerosol profiling.
What is it and what can it measure?
The Dust Sentry Pro is a real-time multi-channel particle monitor for aerosol profiling. It is designed for those who need to monitor and manage multiple outdoor dust and particle size fractions simultaneously and in real-time.
The Dust Sentry Pro delivers simultaneous measurement of PM10, PM2.5, PM1, TSP, and particulate counts for 8 channels: 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 5.0, 10 microns. For specific dust and particulate emissions, see the Dust Sentry PM10, Dust Sentry PM2.5 or Dust Sentry TSP.
Options to integrate environmental sensors, such as wind, noise, weather and solar radiation make this a complete air monitoring solution for your project.
Packaged in a robust weather-proof, lockable enclosure, the Dust Sentry Pro is light enough for one-person site installations. Integrated solar shielding prevents the enclosure from overheating in climates with high solar irradiance.
The Dust Sentry Pro comprises an optical particle counter that converts counts to a mass fraction via a proprietary algorithm stored in the system firmware. Measurements are logged and reported in real-time. The Dust Sentry Pro is configured to display and log particle mass by default. However, there is also an option to configure the instrument to record particle counts.
The particle counter uses scattered light to measure and count particles. Light from a laser diode is collimated to illuminate the aerosol sample flow. When a particle is present it scatters the incident laser light which is detected using a 60 degree solid angle elliptical mirror at right angles to the laser beam. The amount of scattered light is converted to a voltage pulse and the amplitude of the pulse is calibrated to a particle diameter. The particles are thus assigned on the basis of size to one of eight channels. An on-board temperature sensor corrects for thermal drift, and a sheath air filter keeps the optics clean even in harsh environments.
Air monitoring software and communication
The instrument includes an embedded PC, up to 20 years of on board data storage, and two powerful software systems. Aeroqual Connect is the instrument operating software. It opens in your browser so no software needs to be installed or updated. With Aeroqual Cloud you can remotely access data via a web browser on any device, even when your instrument is offline. Capabilities include:
- Wireless communications
- Integrated data platform
- Wind and pollution roses
- SMS and email alerts
- Access through an API
- Counts Range 0-100,000 counts/L converted to PM1, PM5, PM10and TSP in μg/m3
- 8-channel Optical Particle Counter (OPC)
- Inlet and heated sampling tube
- Brushless DC pump sampling module
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- Power and data interface for designated third party sensors and embedded PC
- Integrated power switch; Main, Off, Battery
- 100-260 Vac power supply
- Communications: WIFI, Ethernet (LAN) Optional modem: Cellular IP 3G HSPA or 4G LTE for USA only
- Embedded fanless PC (Intel Celeron® N3350, 1.1GHz, dual core, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive), Ubuntu Linux Operating System
- Aeroqual Connect instrument operating system
- Aeroqual Cloud instrument monitoring, management and technical support via secure cloud servers, accessed via web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Cloud standard features; configuration, calibration, diagnostics, remote technical support
- Cloud optional features; text (SMS) and email alerts, 3rd party sensor measurements, full data visualisation with charts, wind and pollution roses, data reporting with auto data export via FTP and API, full instrument event journal capture
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Side mounted carry handle
- Documentation: Hard copy: Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick: User Guide, Calibration Certificate
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system
If you have a question about this product, it may be covered in the FAQs section.
These cover the most common questions you may have when deciding if this is the right product solution for your air monitoring requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch and our team will respond within 48 hours.