The Dust Sentry Pro – Dust and Particle Counter is for:
Industrial operators who need a cost-effective and robust solution to manage and control dust and particulates from site activities within regulatory or permitted limits:
- Construction and remediation
- Quarry and mine operators
- Port and bulk handling terminals
- Waste management sites.
Environmental consultants who need to measure multi-channel PM size fractions.
Regulatory authorities who require deployable, quick set up incident monitoring.
EHS managers who need to demonstrate that they are providing a safe environment for the people in their care.
Researchers who are on a limited budget and want to collect accurate, scientifically robust data for aerosol profiling.
What is it and what can it measure?
The Dust Sentry Pro is a real-time multi-channel particle monitor for aerosol profiling. It is designed for those who need to monitor and manage multiple outdoor dust and particle size fractions simultaneously and in real-time.
The Dust Sentry Pro delivers simultaneous measurement of PM10, PM2.5, PM1, TSP, and particulate counts for 8 channels: 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 5.0, 10 microns.
Options to integrate environmental sensors, such as wind, noise, weather and solar radiation make this a complete air monitoring solution for your project.
Packaged in a robust weather-proof, lockable enclosure, the Dust Sentry Pro is light enough for one-person site installations. Integrated solar shielding prevents the enclosure from overheating in climates with high solar irradiance.
The Dust Sentry Pro comprises an optical particle counter that converts counts to a mass fraction via a proprietary algorithm stored in the system firmware. Measurements are logged and reported in real-time. The Dust Sentry Pro is configured to display and log particle mass by default. However, there is also an option to configure the instrument to record particle counts.
The particle counter uses scattered light to measure and count particles. Light from a laser diode is collimated to illuminate the aerosol sample flow. When a particle is present it scatters the incident laser light which is detected using a 60 degree solid angle elliptical mirror at right angles to the laser beam. The amount of scattered light is converted to a voltage pulse and the amplitude of the pulse is calibrated to a particle diameter. The particles are thus assigned on the basis of size to one of eight channels. An on-board temperature sensor corrects for thermal drift, and a sheath air filter keeps the optics clean even in harsh environments.
Air monitoring software and communication
The instrument includes an embedded PC, up to 20 years of on board data storage, and two powerful software systems. Aeroqual Connect is the instrument operating software. It opens in your browser so no software needs to be installed or updated. With Aeroqual Cloud you can remotely access data via a web browser on any device, even when your instrument is offline. Capabilities include:
- Wireless communications
- Integrated data platform
- Wind and pollution roses
- SMS and email alerts
- Access through an API
- Counts Range 0-100000 counts/L converted to PM1, PM2.5, PM10 and TSP in μg/m3
- 8-channel Optical Particle Counter (OPC)
- Inlet and heated sampling tube
- Brushless DC pump sampling module
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- 100-250V AC power supply and 12V DC input
- Communications: Ethernet, WIFI, Cellular is optional
- Embedded PC (Intel Atom, 1.6GHz, dual core, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive)
- Aeroqual Connect software interface (configuration, diagnostics, and data acquisition)
- Aeroqual Cloud software including remote diagnostics and instrument support, web API (optional)
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Documentation (Hard Copy: User Guide, Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick)
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system.