The Dust Sentry TSP is a dust monitor designed for long term outdoor use that gives continuous real-time data on total suspended particulate matter (TSP). It is a flexible instrument that can be configured for many different applications: quarries, sandpits, construction sites, waste treatment, mining, consultancy and research.
The dust monitor uses a well proven near forward light scattering nephelometer. A sharp cut cyclone can be added, quickly and easily upgrading the Dust Sentry to measure PM10, PM2.5 or PM1. For simultaneous measurement of PM10, PM2.5, PM1 and TSP see the Dust Profiler.
A nephelometer is an optical sensor that uses light scattering from particulate matter to provide a continuous real-time measurement of airborne particle mass. The light source is a visible laser diode and scattered light is measured in the near forward angle using focusing optics and a photo diode. The nephelometer has an on-board temperature sensor which corrects for thermal drift, sheath air filter to keep the optics clean, automatic baseline drift correction and a fibre optic span system to provide a check of the optical components.
The inlet is fitted with a heater that is used to remove moisture from the incoming sample. Moisture can reduce the accuracy of optical measurement, so for best results the inlet heater is activated in the event of high humidity.
The instrument includes an embedded PC, with over 20 years of on board data storage, and two powerful software systems as standard. Aeroqual Connect is the instrument operating software. It opens in your browser so no software needs to be installed or updated. With Aeroqual Cloud you can remotely access data on any device even when your instrument is offline. There are also several options available including: wireless communications, SMS and email notifications and weather sensors. The instrument is packaged in a robust, lockable enclosure and is light enough for one person site installations. Solar shields prevent the enclosure from overheating in climates with high solar irradiance.
- Range 0-2000 μg/m3\
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer
- Inlet and heated sampling tube
- Brushless DC pump sampling module
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure and integrated aluminium solar shields
- 100-250V AC power supply and 12V DC input
- Communications: Ethernet, WIFI
- Embedded PC (Intel Atom, 1.6Gz, dual core, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive)
- Aeroqual Connect operating software (configuration, diagnostics and data acquisition)
- Aeroqual Support software (for remote diagnostics and instrument support)
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Documentation (Hard Copy: User Guide, Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick)
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system.