The Dust Sentry PM10 Dust Monitor is for:
Industrial operators who need a cost-effective and robust solution to show particulate levels generated by site activities are within regulatory or permitted limits:
- Construction and remediation
- Quarry and mine operations
- Port and bulk handling terminals
- Waste management sites.
Environmental Consultants who require defensible particulate measurement for their clients’ air quality permits.
Regulatory authorities who require deployable rapid response monitoring.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) managers who need to demonstrate that they are providing a safe work environment.
Researchers who are on a limited budget and want to collect accurate, scientifically robust data.
What is it and what can it measure?
The Dust Sentry is a modular air quality monitoring instrument for the measurement and compliance of specific dust and particulate designation. It provides real-time particulate measurement of PM10 using a well proven near forward light scattering nephelometer and high precision sharp cut cyclone – with a measurement range of 0-60,000 μg/m3. By changing the sharp cut cyclone, the Dust Sentry can be configured to measure PM2.5, PM1 or TSP. For simultaneous measurement see the Dust Sentry Pro.
Dust Sentry can also be upgraded to measure VOCs, Ozone and NO2. Find out more on the AQS page.
Options to integrate environmental sensors, such as wind, noise, weather and solar radiation make this a complete air monitoring solution for your project.
Packaged in a robust weather-proof, lockable enclosure, the Dust Sentry is light enough for one-person site installations. Integrated solar shielding prevents the enclosure from overheating in climates with high solar irradiance.
A nephelometer is an optical sensor that uses light scattering from particulate matter to provide a continuous real-time measurement of airborne particle mass. The light source is a visible laser diode and scattered light is measured in the near forward angle using focusing optics and a photodiode. The nephelometer has an on-board temperature sensor which corrects for thermal drift, sheath air filter to keep the optics clean and automatic baseline drift correction.
The sharp cut cyclone is a precision engineered component fitted to the dust meter inlet that physically selects particles 10 microns in diameter and below. This ensures precise measurement of only the PM10 size fraction. The inlet is fitted with a heater that is used to remove moisture from the incoming sample. Moisture can reduce the accuracy of optical measurement, so for best results the inlet heater is activated in the event of high humidity.
Air quality monitoring software and communication
The instrument includes an embedded PC, up to 20 years of on board data storage, and a powerful air quality monitoring software. With Aeroqual Cloud you can remotely access data via a web browser on any device, even when your instrument is offline. Capabilities include:
- Wireless communications
- Integrated data platform
- Wind and pollution roses
- SMS and email alerts
- Access through an API
To view more information visit the Air Quality Monitoring Software page.
- Range 0-60,000 μg/m3
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer
- PM10 sharp cut cyclone
- Inlet and heated sampling tube
- Brushless DC pump sampling module
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure and integrated aluminum solar shields
- Power and data interface for designated third party sensors and embedded PC
- Integrated power switch; Main, Off, Battery
- 100-260 Vac power supply
- Communications: WIFI, Ethernet (LAN) Optional modem: Cellular IP 3G HSPA or 4G LTE for USA only
- Embedded fanless PC (Intel Celeron® N3350, 1.1GHz, dual core, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive), Ubuntu Linux Operating System
- Aeroqual Cloud instrument monitoring, management and technical support via secure cloud servers, accessed via web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Aeroqual Cloud Support features; configuration, calibration, diagnostics, remote technical support, real-time data in tables, data journal entries
- Aeroqual Cloud Plus features; SMS and email alerts, third-party sensor measurements, full data visualization with charts, wind and pollution roses, data reporting with auto data export and full API access, instrument network management
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Side mounted carry handle
- Documentation: Hard copy: Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick: User Guide, Calibration Certificate
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system
Shaoxing EPA (PM2.5 monitoring network)
SCS Engineers (Remediation dust monitoring)
SISK Group (Construction dust emissions)
Tonglu EPA (PM2.5 monitoring Network)
Road Metals Quarry (Aggregate quarry)
Ridley Coal Terminals (Coal handling terminal)
Emirates Aluminium (Dust monitoring at world’s largest aluminium smelter)
If you have a question about this product, it may be covered in the FAQs section.
These cover the most common questions you may have when deciding if this is the right product solution for your air monitoring requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch and our team will respond within 48 hours.