Dust Sentry is a robust particulate and dust monitor with cutting edge air monitoring software, that makes outdoor dust monitoring easy:
- Purpose designed for outdoors
- Fully integrated hardware and software system
- Real-time continuous PM10, PM2.5, PM1 or TSP
- Access air quality data 24/7/365
- SMS and email alerts within <1 minute of event
- Remote WIFI and cellular connectivity
- Optional plug-in wind, weather and noise sensors
- Battery/solar power compatible
- Add gas measurements at any time
MONITORS TO MEASURE DUST & PARTICULATE
DUST MONITORING 2.0
Dust Monitoring 2.0
Dust Sentry supercharges your dust monitoring program by giving you air quality monitoring software that reduces compliance and stakeholder risk, time on site and takes the hassle out of reporting.
Here are some of the benefits you get:
- Get set up and reporting data in under 5 minutes
- Connect to your dust monitors without going to site
- View all data in one software platform (dust, wind, noise)
- Get notifications when dust exceeds user-defined limits
- Keep data secure among authorized users
- Track dust to source and take action
- Remote troubleshooting and tech support
- Integrate data with third party software via API
- Journal service and alert events
Aeroqual Cloud – Actionable Data You Can Trust
Through deep two-way integration of hardware and software, Aeroqual Cloud delivers functionality unmatched by simple data acquisition and reporting software.
With Aeroqual Cloud, setting up, operating and maintenance of your air monitoring network has never been easier. Users can view real-time data and can communicate with their Dust Sentry monitors in a network. You can also set up SMS and email alerts for when dust levels reach user-configurable limits, making it simple to take quick and effective action.
Keep your monitoring hardware functioning and accurate with remote software updates, service and calibration, sensor and system diagnostics. Reduce the need for regular site visits with our enhanced remote tech support tools.
PURPOSE-BUILT FOR OUTDOOR DUST MONITORING
Dust Sentry is a purpose-build, robust, integrated and turnkey solution designed for optimal performance in rugged outdoor environments.
- Purpose-designed enclosure rated IP65, with solar shielding armour and high reflectant powder coating, to reduce the thermal impact on measurement and components.
- Rugged instrument designed to operate in the toughest environments, operating range -10°C to +50°C.
- Plug and play environmental parameters, such as wind and noise, are easily integrated – and the data is viewed on the same software platform.
- Robust nephelometer and sharp cut cyclones for precise dust measurement, producing defensible data.
- Integrated heated inlet as standard, to reduce humidity effects on particulate measurement.
- Wireless and cellular data connectivity for remote access. WIFI instrument network capability.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Industrial operators who need a cost-effective and robust solution to show particulate levels generated by site activities are within regulatory or permitted limits:
- Construction and remediation
- Industrial perimeter or fenceline monitoring
- Quarry and mine operations
- Port and bulk handling terminals
- Waste management and landfill sites
- Brownfield developments
Environmental consultants who require defensible particulate measurement for their clients’ air quality permits, EIA and Greenfield baseline studies, or who need to measure multi-channel PM size fractions.
Regulatory authorities who require deployable rapid response monitoring.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) managers who need to demonstrate that they are providing a safe work environment for people in their care.
Researchers who are on a limited budget and want to collect accurate, scientifically robust data.
WHAT DOES IT MEASURE?
Dust Sentry combines a light scattering nephelometer and sharp cut cyclone to deliver defensible and accurate mass measurement of specific dust particles. It can be configured for PM10, PM2.5, PM1, or TSP.
Dust Sentry Pro
Dust Sentry Pro delivers simultaneous measurement of PM10, PM2.5, PM1, TSP, and particulate counts for 8 channels: 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 5.0, 10 microns.
Upgradable to measure gaseous pollutants
Dust Sentry can also be upgraded to measure VOCs, Ozone and NO2. Find out more on the AQS page.
Meteorological and environmental parameters
All Dust Sentry products have the option to integrate environmental sensors for:
- Barometric pressure
- Solar radiation
- Wind speed and direction
HOW DOES IT PERFORM?
Co-location and MCERTS Standard
A co-location study of the Dust Sentry monitor demonstrates good correlation to U.S. EPA Federal Equivalent and Federal Reference Methods. The study also evaluated the Dust Sentry PM10 monitor to meet the criteria of the UK Environmental Agency MCERTS Standard for Indicative Ambient Particle Monitors.
Two Dust Sentry monitors with PM10 sharp cut cyclones were co-located with two PM10 EPA designated Federal Equivalence Method Beta Attenuation Monitors (BAMs) and a PM10 Partisol® sampler, a Federal Reference Method.
The monitors were installed at a National Environmental Standard monitoring site in Nelson, New Zealand for 55 days from 28 July until 20 September 2012. Overall the results show that the Dust Sentry performed well in relation to the BAMs and each other. In summary:
- Dust Sentry 1 showed good correlation: R2 = 0.84
- Dust Sentry 2 showed good correlation: R2 = 0.81
- Both Dust Sentry monitors showed very strong linearity with correlation: R2 = 0.99
- Averaged difference between the two Dust Sentry monitors: 1.69 μg/m3
- Difference between the average of both Dust Sentry monitors and the average of both BAMs: 3.25 μg/m3
- The Dust Sentry met the uncertainty requirements for the MCERTS Standard and achieved certification.
For the full report please email us.
FEATURED CASE STUDIES
HANDHELD MONITOR TO MEASURE DUST
PM10 /PM2.5 Portable Particulate Monitor
The portable particulate monitor is a handheld device for indicative and simultaneous measurement of PM10 and PM2.5 in ambient outdoor or indoor environments. It’s designed for checking pollution hotspots, ambient air quality surveys and validating air quality models.
This popular handheld device is also featured in our Outdoor Air Quality Test Kit, and includes interchangeable gas sensor heads for criteria air pollutants.