The AQS 1 is a compact ‘smog monitor’ designed to measure the key ingredients of photochemical smog – PM2.5 and ozone (O3). Using Aeroqual’s patented sensor technology the AQS 1 delivers very accurate measurements at a price that is well below traditional ambient air monitoring equipment.
Air quality professionals and researchers use the AQS 1 to better understand the spatial and temporal distribution of ozone and PM2.5 which are two of the most important pollutants. PM2.5 is often the most damaging pollutant during winter; ozone is often the most harmful during summer. They are also key contributors to photochemical smog. To learn more about these important pollutants read this article.
The AQS 1 combines a robust nephelometer, PM2.5 sharp cut cyclone, and Aeroqual’s industry leading GSS ozone sensor technology. The monitor performs to Near Reference levels yet costs much less than comparable analyzers; it is also lightweight and can be installed and moved with ease.
The AQS 1 is a fully integrated monitor. Housed in a rugged, lockable weatherproof enclosure, it includes an embedded PC and full software system for remote technical support, data management and analytics.
The AQS 1 can be configured to measure PM2.5 and ozone simultaneously, or PM2.5 only, or ozone only. It can also be configured to measure other particle fractions e.g. TSP, PM10, and PM1. Because it is modular you may order the unit with just PM2.5 for example and add ozone at a later date (without returning to the factory).
The AQS 1 is supported by a global distribution network, meaning you’re never too far from a skilled technician ready to provide assistance and spare parts. In addition Aeroqual’s online training system is free to all our customers, meaning you can become an expert on your AQS system before it even arrives.
Once the instrument operating system is installed, Aeroqual Connect lets you access data, assess performance and diagnose faults remotely (if you choose to give us access, we can help with that too). Aeroqual Cloud offers even greater levels of convenience with enhanced browsing speeds, multiple user management, fail-safe backup, email and SMS alerts and access to your data even when your instrument is offline.
In future we will add new gas modules to the AQS 1 – to register your interest please tell us about your application.
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- Gas Inlet: Teflon, glass-coated stainless steel tubing, stainless steel fittings
- Gas Sampling System (brushless DC pump, sampling system)
- Ozone (0-0.5 ppm O3) GSS gas module with integrated zero cycle
- TSP inlet and heated sampling tube
- Sharp cut cyclone PM2.5 (less than or equal to 2.5 microns)
- Particle Sampling System (brushless DC pump sampling module)
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer (range 0-2000 µg/m3)
- 100-250V AC power supply and 12V DC input
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Communications: Ethernet, WIFI
- Embedded PC (Intel Atom, 1.6GHz, dual core, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive)
- Aeroqual Connect instrument operating software
- Aeroqual Support, web-based software (free subscription, unlimited users)
- Documentation (Hard Copy: User Guide, Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick)
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to Aeroqual’s Online Training System