The AQS 1 is a compact ‘smog monitor’ designed to measure the key ingredients of photochemical smog – PM2.5 and ozone (O3). Using Aeroqual’s patented sensor technology the AQS 1 delivers very accurate measurements at a price that is well below traditional ambient air monitoring equipment.
Air quality professionals and researchers use the AQS 1 smog monitor to better understand the spatial and temporal distribution of ozone and PM2.5 which are two of the most important pollutants. PM2.5 is often the most damaging pollutant during winter; ozone is often the most harmful during summer. They are also key contributors to photochemical smog. To learn more about these important pollutants read this article.
The AQS 1 combines a robust nephelometer, PM2.5 sharp cut cyclone, and Aeroqual’s industry leading GSS ozone sensor technology. The monitor performs to Near Reference levels yet costs much less than comparable analyzers; it is also lightweight and can be installed and moved with ease.
The AQS 1 is a fully integrated monitor. Housed in a rugged, lockable weatherproof enclosure, it includes an embedded PC and full software system for remote technical support, data management and analytics.
What can it measure?
The AQS 1 can be configured to measure particulate matter (TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1) and up to three gases (O3, NO2, VOCs) simultaneously. Because it is modular, you may order the unit with just PM2.5 for example, and add ozone or another gas at a later date (without returning to the factory). For specific applications, see our other pre-configured AQS 1 monitors: AQS 1 Construction, AQS 1 Remediation, AQS 1 Urban.
The AQS 1 is supported by a global distribution network, meaning you’re never too far from a skilled technician ready to provide assistance and spare parts. In addition Aeroqual’s online training system is free to all our customers, meaning you can become an expert on your AQS system before it even arrives.
Air quality monitoring software
Once the instrument operating system is installed, Aeroqual Connect lets you access data, assess performance and diagnose faults remotely (if you choose to give us access, we can help with that too). Aeroqual Cloud offers even greater levels of convenience with enhanced browsing speeds, multiple user management, fail-safe backup, email and SMS alerts and access to your data even when your instrument is offline.
Keep calibration up to date without the downtime. Maintaining an up-to-date calibration certificate gives you and project stakeholders confidence in the data from the air monitoring instruments. Our Hot-swap Service makes the process of factory calibration easy. We send you a freshly calibrated module from our stock. You replace the old module with the new one and send the old one back to us. And that’s it – calibration all up to date and zero downtime.
Read full details on the Aeroqual Hot-swap Service page.
New gas modules
In future we will add new gas modules to the AQS 1 – to register your interest please tell us about your application.
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- Gas Inlet: Teflon, glass-coated stainless steel tubing, stainless steel fittings
- Gas Sampling System (brushless DC pump, sampling system)
- Ozone (0-0.5 ppm O3) GSS gas module with integrated zero cycle
- TSP inlet and heated sampling tube
- Sharp cut cyclone PM2.5 (less than or equal to 2.5 microns)
- Particle Sampling System (brushless DC pump sampling module)
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer (range 0-2000 µg/m3)
- Power and data interface for designated third party sensors and embedded PC
- Integrated power switch; Main, Off, Battery
- 100-260 Vac power supply
- Communications: WIFI, Ethernet (LAN) Optional modem: Cellular IP 3G HSPA or 4G LTE for USA only
- Embedded fanless PC (Intel Celeron® N3350, 1.1GHz, dual core, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive), Ubuntu Linux Operating System
- Aeroqual Connect instrument operating system
- Aeroqual Cloud instrument monitoring, management and technical support via secure cloud servers, accessed via web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Cloud standard features; configuration, calibration, diagnostics, remote technical support
- Cloud optional features; text (SMS) and email alerts, 3rd party sensor measurements, full data visualisation with charts, wind and pollution roses, data reporting with auto data export via FTP and API, full instrument event journal capture
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Side mounted carry handle
- Documentation: Hard copy: Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick: User Guide, Calibration Certificate
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to the Aeroqual online learning system
If you have a question about this product, it may be covered in the FAQs section.
These cover the most common questions you may have when deciding if this is the right product solution for your air monitoring requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch and our team will respond within 48 hours.